Friday, October 2, 2009

Post!

Well, time to blog. Getting back into the swing of things of normal life.

Austin is really enjoying football and so far his team is 2-0. Since one of the main dudes on the team referred to as Tito failed this 6 weeks, Austin has now taken over fullback position and said he scored a TD in practice yesterday. He likes to run the ball! He did well this 6 weeks in school too. He made 2 89's and the rest were A's. Not bad for all pre AP classes. He is also playing baseball and playing catcher the entire games. Still growing taller every day.

Cameron is learning to read and seems to enjoy it. He is still having his motor tics that sometimes involve only eye blinking, but sometimes he adds a downward head nod with the eye blinks. These occur every day about every 5 minutes. I would call it severe, but we just keep hoping it will go away soon. His teacher says it's not interfering with school work so I guess we'll just let it ride! He is also taking a drama class once a week and appears to really get in the Drama mode!

Not much going on with me. Trying not to get the flu! Austin & I have had our shots, but Cameron's doc ran out of them and having a hard time finding supply! One of my students at my school in special ed died this past weekend from complications of the flu. Very sad, she was in a wheel chair and had other underlying medical issues, but she was a sweet 16 year old girl who was always smiling (although nonverbal). We had many news crews here this week. Homecoming is tonight and you should see the mums these girls wear! They are almost full-body! Huge (fake)flowers that totally cover the girls' chest and stomachs and then all these ribbons, cow bells, dangling things all the way to the floor! I've never seen such a sight! They sound like hearding cattle walking down the halls! One girl told me she paid $100 for hers which was about average! WOW!

That's all I got for now, will most more later, TTFN!

No comments:

About Me

Austin is my oldest son. He loves most sports with a ball (especially baseball and football), used to take taekwondo, used to play the piano (when forced to practice), now plays the trombone,and is a very good chess player. I could go on and on here, but needless to say, I'm pretty proud of all his accomplishments. If this is what he does now, I can't wait to see what his future holds! My younger son is Cameron. He's 4 going on 30. His life is full of admiring his older brother, trying to be just like him, but also pestering him just as Austin pesters him. Cameron loves to eat and never misses a meal. He is into trains, trucks, just about any vehicle that he can "drive" or push as fast as he can go, likes to watch Little Einsteins, Barney, Spiderman, Stuart Little, and has now joined the Harry Potter club. He is also trying to see how far he can push my buttons. I think that is a normal 4 year old thing, maybe???