Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Good News!

After all the appts last Friday, Cameron is NOT having seizures. Yeah! The neurologist thinks he has motor and verbal tics that really have no one particular cause but can be as a result of a strep of some sort or heredity (don't think that's on my side) and will usually subside within 6 months. If not, we will go back and they might suggest medication. When I asked what kind of med, the doc replied 'medication similar to what we give pts with tourettes syndrome'. She didn't think it was tourettes because he didn't have enough obsessive-compulsive behaviors, echolalia, aggression, or other characteristics. So, we'll be watching for any of those for sure! I think he does have a little aggression towards me or Austin, esp when he doesn't want to do something! Hopefully that's more normal than not. He will be getting glasses, he is far-sighted, while Austin is near-sighted. Of course, they had to be different! His glasses should be ready tomorrow for us to pick up. I'll post pics when he gets them. That's about all for now, I'll post more later when I have some news-worthy news!

No comments:

About Me

Austin is my oldest son. He loves most sports with a ball (especially baseball and football), used to take taekwondo, used to play the piano (when forced to practice), now plays the trombone,and is a very good chess player. I could go on and on here, but needless to say, I'm pretty proud of all his accomplishments. If this is what he does now, I can't wait to see what his future holds! My younger son is Cameron. He's 4 going on 30. His life is full of admiring his older brother, trying to be just like him, but also pestering him just as Austin pesters him. Cameron loves to eat and never misses a meal. He is into trains, trucks, just about any vehicle that he can "drive" or push as fast as he can go, likes to watch Little Einsteins, Barney, Spiderman, Stuart Little, and has now joined the Harry Potter club. He is also trying to see how far he can push my buttons. I think that is a normal 4 year old thing, maybe???