Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Break is over - boo!

Well, it was back to work today, blah! Spring break was nice, but wish it was longer. It makes me long for the summer!! Over the break I took the boys bowling, to the movies, to Dave and Busters and we cleaned out the garage. We took everything out and painted the floor and it is so organized now I can't even believe it - looks like something out of a magazine, well, maybe not that great, but at least if I had 2 cars they could both fit in the garage! We spent a lot of time on it and I'm about ready to have another yard sale. We also took a trip to the Ft. Worth Stockyards. The boys rode horses and a mechanical bull. We all went through the cowpen maze, which made me feel like a mouse because it took a long time to find what we were looking for and then try and find the exit! I took pictures with my phone and I haven't figured out how to load them so that I can post them, but in my spare time, I'll try to figure that out. We also went in Billy Bob's. I had never been there before but knew that many concerts are held there. It was neat. Cameron had a good time dancing on the dance floor.
This past weekend was Lane's birthday party. I had misplaced the invitation, but had thought the party started at 1pm. During my cleaning on Sat am, I found the invitation at 11am. The party started at 10am. I felt horrible! So to make up for it, we took Lane to Arbor Hills nature preserve in Plano on Sunday. I didn't realize there was that much undeveloped land in north Texas! It was beautiful. Lots of trails for walking, bike riding, dog walking, etc. And it was very clean. It had a few creeks and hills and wooded areas to walk through. Lane was such a big girl and wanted to do everything by herself! That's pretty much our week. Now it's back to the same ole same ole!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that your dad isn't your only blog visitor! I hardly EVER comment but I do check in with your blog every once in a while. Glad you guys had a good break :) Sara

About Me

Austin is my oldest son. He loves most sports with a ball (especially baseball and football), used to take taekwondo, used to play the piano (when forced to practice), now plays the trombone,and is a very good chess player. I could go on and on here, but needless to say, I'm pretty proud of all his accomplishments. If this is what he does now, I can't wait to see what his future holds! My younger son is Cameron. He's 4 going on 30. His life is full of admiring his older brother, trying to be just like him, but also pestering him just as Austin pesters him. Cameron loves to eat and never misses a meal. He is into trains, trucks, just about any vehicle that he can "drive" or push as fast as he can go, likes to watch Little Einsteins, Barney, Spiderman, Stuart Little, and has now joined the Harry Potter club. He is also trying to see how far he can push my buttons. I think that is a normal 4 year old thing, maybe???