Monday, March 30, 2009

Play ball!

Austin had his first baseball game of the season tonight. His first time up to bat......a home run! An official home run too, not the kind where he 'stole' home. 2nd time up to bat......another home run! Third time up to bat - hit a line drive that hit the pitcher's hand (who I think tried to catch it bare handed - we thought he broke his hand or fingers or something, but he ended up being fine after a short time-out and a substituted pitcher). Austin made it to 1st base on that hit, then stole home on the next batter. Then 4th time up to bat.... bases loaded, Austin hits again to the outfield! All 3 runners made it home, Austin stayed at 2nd - so, 2 home runs, a single (that probably would have been at least a double) and a double - what a night! All that and only 1 strike the whole game! He played short stop and did well there the whole night. The game lasted FOREVER! 5th inning and we had been playing for 2 1/2 hrs! UGH! Did I mention the game didn't even start until 8pm???? And now I'm here typing on this blog - I just couldn't wait to tell about his game! The final score: 17-7. Game ball??? Yep, Austin. Except now they give out certificates for free Nachos instead of a game ball. And the concession stand had already turned off the cheese since the game was sooo long! So on Friday, his next game, he'll get a "snack".
I'm listening to the rain outside and the little hail hit the roof. The weather on TV is showing hail that has landed around here from quarter to baseball sized, glad I have a garage! And it's super clean! OK, I'm rambling now and need to get some shut-eye. Later.............

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Go Austin! Woo hoo!

About Me

Austin is my oldest son. He loves most sports with a ball (especially baseball and football), used to take taekwondo, used to play the piano (when forced to practice), now plays the trombone,and is a very good chess player. I could go on and on here, but needless to say, I'm pretty proud of all his accomplishments. If this is what he does now, I can't wait to see what his future holds! My younger son is Cameron. He's 4 going on 30. His life is full of admiring his older brother, trying to be just like him, but also pestering him just as Austin pesters him. Cameron loves to eat and never misses a meal. He is into trains, trucks, just about any vehicle that he can "drive" or push as fast as he can go, likes to watch Little Einsteins, Barney, Spiderman, Stuart Little, and has now joined the Harry Potter club. He is also trying to see how far he can push my buttons. I think that is a normal 4 year old thing, maybe???