Thursday, May 29, 2008

When does football start?????? These 8pm games are getting old! Austin's team is 8 and 6. He did well last night during a game. He started at pitcher and pitched 2 innings, almost had a no-hitter for both except for 1 guy who just had to get on 1st base! He also hit like a mad man. We took the face plate off his helmet and what a dfference it made! He can actually see the ball! His words were " Dude, I can see the whole field!" He played center field and short stop as well. He was tired because his school had field day yesterday and his face looked like a lobster! We have signed up for a select football team (it's select because it ain't cheap!) and it will start in August. Austin has also signed up to play the trombone next year. Band is a part of school (a class) in 6th grade and he can't wait to get his instrument! We are renting one to make sure he wants to play it long-term.
Cameron has started t-ball and is learning all about how to throw the ball and use his glove. He really likes it, especially so he can be just like his "bubba". He had a long weekend, he went to Arkansas to visit his other family. He's getting to be a real talkative little fella, so much so that I sometimes have to tell him that he needs to let his tongue rest a little so it will feel better. He doesn't buy that and just tells me "no mom, my tongue's not tired, it feels good" I may look into acting or advertising for him, he's quite the ham lately! He makes us laugh quite often!
Only 4 more days of school! Yesssssssss! I think I can hold on to my sanity for that long!

1 comment:

~ Doc said...

Greetings from Arkansas! I just found your blog (KK told me where to look) and did a little catch-up reading. I just had to tell you, band was a class for 5th grade at Hunter's new school and guess what he played? Yep, the trombone! Isn't that funny? Ummm...just an FYI - the practice you have to listen to isn't nearly as fun as listening to something like piano practice!

I'm glad to see you are all doing well! Cameron is getting sooooo big! I'll be checking back in.

You can see pics of my boys at whatsupdocmartens.blogspot.com

~ Robin

About Me

Austin is my oldest son. He loves most sports with a ball (especially baseball and football), used to take taekwondo, used to play the piano (when forced to practice), now plays the trombone,and is a very good chess player. I could go on and on here, but needless to say, I'm pretty proud of all his accomplishments. If this is what he does now, I can't wait to see what his future holds! My younger son is Cameron. He's 4 going on 30. His life is full of admiring his older brother, trying to be just like him, but also pestering him just as Austin pesters him. Cameron loves to eat and never misses a meal. He is into trains, trucks, just about any vehicle that he can "drive" or push as fast as he can go, likes to watch Little Einsteins, Barney, Spiderman, Stuart Little, and has now joined the Harry Potter club. He is also trying to see how far he can push my buttons. I think that is a normal 4 year old thing, maybe???