Sunday, May 18, 2008

Baseball baseball!

Austin had a great weekend! His baseball league held a Pitch, Hit and Run competition on Saturday. We got a call this morning around 10am telling us that he was the all-around champion for his division! In addition to that, he was also the Hit champion and the Run champion! (He got the best scores in hitting and running) So today we went to Rockwall and participated in the regional competition and he placed 2nd overall for his division! However, only the 1st place gets to advance, which meant a national competition held at Texas Rangers stadium! He was bummed (only because he wanted to go to Texas Rangers Stadium), but I think he did very well! He missed out on going with Uncle Justin to an FC Dallas soccer game that he was looking forward to seeing in order to participate today, but he gave it his best and I was very proud of him! Cameron learned that throwing dirt from the baseball fields on windy days can be hazardous to yourself! He did pretty good today considering we were out there for 3 hours! Not much other news going on here, trying to hang on until school's out. We went to a festival this weekend and had a picture taken like they were on the front cover of the Rollin' Stone Magazine that I will try to attach if I can, it was pretty cute!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Austin congratulations-he must be quite the ball player!! I love the picture of the boys on the magazine, they look like they are really good at that :) Hope you all are doing well. Sara

Anonymous said...

I love the Rolling Stone picture! So fun! I am going to show it to Lane and see if she recognizes them :)

About Me

Austin is my oldest son. He loves most sports with a ball (especially baseball and football), used to take taekwondo, used to play the piano (when forced to practice), now plays the trombone,and is a very good chess player. I could go on and on here, but needless to say, I'm pretty proud of all his accomplishments. If this is what he does now, I can't wait to see what his future holds! My younger son is Cameron. He's 4 going on 30. His life is full of admiring his older brother, trying to be just like him, but also pestering him just as Austin pesters him. Cameron loves to eat and never misses a meal. He is into trains, trucks, just about any vehicle that he can "drive" or push as fast as he can go, likes to watch Little Einsteins, Barney, Spiderman, Stuart Little, and has now joined the Harry Potter club. He is also trying to see how far he can push my buttons. I think that is a normal 4 year old thing, maybe???