Friday, August 29, 2008

Hey, I'm posting!

OK, I know, it's been a while. We've been a little busy. School has started and we are back into a routine, sort of. Before school started, we were able to go to the Ft. Worth Zoo with Uncles John and Justin, Aunt Amanda and all the girl cousins, except for Esther who was home with her mom trying to keep well before school started. We also have a new (used) van. It is a 2008 model and the boys are so much quieter during all our travels now that it has a drop down DVD player which also has adaptors to play video games in, AND is complete with wireless headphones, way cool! Austin has started in band and absolutely loves it. Cameron awoke this morning to the sounds of the trombone! I need to find my ear plugs.......
Austin has also been taking private lessons from minor league professional baseball players/coaches, in order to learn a bit more about the hitting and pitching game. He will play fall ball this fall with the little league he played with in the spring, which consists of teams, but very casual - just having fun and keeping up their skills. He likes 6th grade much better than 5th, so he has told me all this week. We'll see if that enthusiasm continues....
And finally, we have a new roommate, Jessica, my sister, has moved in with us and is trying to find a job. She helps me out trememdously with the boys which is great - instant babysitter and housekeeping helper! Gotta run, band practice is nearing....

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Sounds like you guys are off to a great start for this new school year! I'm sorry Esther and I missed you guys when John and Millie came down. It sounds like the zoo was so much fun!

About Me

Austin is my oldest son. He loves most sports with a ball (especially baseball and football), used to take taekwondo, used to play the piano (when forced to practice), now plays the trombone,and is a very good chess player. I could go on and on here, but needless to say, I'm pretty proud of all his accomplishments. If this is what he does now, I can't wait to see what his future holds! My younger son is Cameron. He's 4 going on 30. His life is full of admiring his older brother, trying to be just like him, but also pestering him just as Austin pesters him. Cameron loves to eat and never misses a meal. He is into trains, trucks, just about any vehicle that he can "drive" or push as fast as he can go, likes to watch Little Einsteins, Barney, Spiderman, Stuart Little, and has now joined the Harry Potter club. He is also trying to see how far he can push my buttons. I think that is a normal 4 year old thing, maybe???